Telecom Technology Development Fund (TTDF) Scheme is aimed for domestic companies and institutions involved in technology design, development, commercialization of telecommunication products and solutions, to enable affordable broadband and mobile services in rural and remote areas.
More on : https://usof.gov.in/ttdf
Telecommunication technology products require significantly large funding and long gestation periods for R&D and commercialization including the additional efforts and resources for the products to move from prototype to commercial grade. Government is willing to support industry to build high impact deep tech projects at affordable cost to enable state of the art services for rural areas in the country.
Apart from the existing R&D funding mechanisms, an allocation of 5% of annual collections from USOF will be available for funding R&D in the Telecom sector, starting with the funds collected in the financial year 2021-22.
The following Indian entities are only eligible for support from this fund.
- Domestic Company(ies) with focus on telecom R&D, Use case development
- Start-ups / MSMEs
- Academic institutions
- R&D institutions, Section 8 companies / Societies, Central & State government entities / PSUs /Autonomous Bodies/SPVs / Limited liability partnerships- with focus on telecom research and development
- Collaborative consortium of above entities
- For Pilots: The above entities may partner, inter alia, with PSUs, TSPs, Central/State Government entities, government autonomous bodies, SPVs etc.
- STEPS FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Download the participation form Click Here
- Start date: 1st October 2022
- End date: 15th November 2022